UV Home Phototherapy Equipment for
Treatment of Psoriasis, Vitiligo & Eczema
is the result of combining a lifelong psoriasis sufferer and a skilled design engineer.
We create inspired and cost effective designs built for a lifetime of use.
Our only product is Ultraviolet Light Therapy Systems for skin disease treatment...
Our Company was founded in 1992 and is
certified for the design and manufacturing of medical UV phototherapy lamps.
All SolRxTM products are
Health Canada & US-FDA compliant.
is NOT required,
but the purchase still qualifies for the Canadian
Medical Expense Tax Credit (METC)
, or may be covered by your employer's
Click on the pictures or use the grey menu bar at the top to learn more ...
The many benefits of Home Phototherapy:
- Eliminates time consuming trips to the phototherapy clinic.
- Makes it easier to keep to your treatment schedule – fewer missed visits means better results.
- Allows you to go directly from the shower or bath to the lights. This improves the treatment’s effectiveness.
- Can reduce and often eliminate the use of topical creams and ointments; saving time and money.
- Under physician supervision, can often be used in combination with topical medications for even greater results.
- Allows those too far from a clinic to enjoy the benefits of ultraviolet phototherapy.
- Is used in the privacy of your own home, where YOU are the only user of the equipment.
- Device purchase is often covered by health insurance plans.
Some other quick facts:
- UVB light occurs NATURALLY in sunlight. SolRx devices make exactly the same light using artificial light sources.
- Artificial light sources have the advantage of providing only the most therapeutic wavelengths of UV light, while minimizing the potentially harmful non-therapeutic wavelengths.
- Artificial light sources allow much more accurate UVB dosing than using natural sunlight.
- Home phototherapy units are available when you are, year round, day and night.
- Many psoriasis sufferers find that their skin gets better in the summer. This is normally a good indicator that UVB phototherapy will be effective.
- UVB light makes Vitamin-D in your skin. Not surprisingly, most people living far away from the earth's equator have a Vitamin-D deficiency, especially in the winter.
- There are over 100 ultraviolet photo therapy clinics in Canada. They can be found in hospitals, dermatologist's offices and physiotherapy clinics.
- If you have had success at the phototherapy clinic, home phototherapy will almost certainly work.
Check out this
important home phototherapy medical study.
- There are thousands of SolRx home phototherapy devices in people's homes worldwide. We've been doing this since 1992.
- Home UV light therapy units are very low maintenance. The UV bulbs last 5 to 10 years or longer !